ONLINE VIDEO SERIES PRODUCER/PROJECT MANAGER – VIDEO GAMING
We are looking for a self-motivated, highly creative online video producer/project manager with excellent forward planning/scheduling, editorial and written skills.
The content is for a global leader in the video game sector and a depth and breadth of video games knowledge on the history of gaming, gaming culture, current trends and latest releases is essential.
This successful candidate will manage a small team of editors, video producers and researchers to oversee the creation, production and delivery of daily editorial YouTube content and live streams on YouTube/Twitch.
From the inception of an original video idea to completion and delivery, the successful candidate shall have proficient experience of the production process, meaningful metrics, online video platforms and how to create compelling popular online video content that gamers want to watch.
This is a great opportunity to work with a major global brand and integrate with editorial, commercial, social and PR teams to conceptualise, develop and implement the online video proposition and strategy.
Reporting into the Executive Producer the goal of the Series Producer is to create innovative, cost efficient videos to grow the online channel and audience engagement with the brand. This candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production output of videos/streams and liaising with the client’s wider social media teams to maximise exposure and interaction with the content.
Your daily schedule will include…
- Conceptualising and communicating new video strands and one-off videos.
- Coordinating the production process/schedule and communicating with external partners and the internal production team.
- Building and maintaining an ongoing content schedule that factors in; key game/hardware releases/DLC updates, major events in the gaming calendar (E3, Gamescom, EGX etc), supporting wider PR activity and gaming calendar events. This content strategy will need to balance the need for engaging and entertaining content and the wider PR/Social desires of the client.
- Hands on video production experience is a bonus, as is experience in running live streams (Twitch/YouTube Gaming, XSplit).
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 3 years proven relevant work experience in video production/online content.
- A passion for video gaming and gaming culture in general.
- An in-depth knowledge of the current video game market, from AAA publishers to indie titles.
- Expert knowledge of online video landscape, especially YouTube/Twitch.
- Highly creative, with the ability to lead and manage video projects and the capability to combine strategic, commercial and creative thinking.
- Proven journalistic scripting experience, with an ability to write humorous scripts.
- Excellent project management skills in focusing on short/mid and long term scheduling and strategies.
- Experience of working with editorial teams to produce popular video content.
- Excellent understanding of working within a client’s wider marketing/PR/Social strategic needs, able to work seamlessly with editorial teams, external stakeholders and senior client-side management.
- Capable of negotiating with outside freelancers to supplement the internal production resource when required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to keep a smooth operation of the production team workload and output.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with daily deliveries, tight deadlines and the need to juggle last minute requests.
- Some travel will be required as part of this role, attending major global gaming events and overseas developers.
- Sharp eye for detail and sub-editing skills are essential.
TBC Rate based on experience
Candidates should ONLY send their CV along with any supplement info they think may be relevant to email@example.com
Telephone calls relating to the position will not be accepted.