Head of New Business
Attention Seekers Productions
Competitive + bonus + benefits.
Attention Seekers offers an unmatched A-list of production talent and experience when developing global productions in the emerging mainstream video gaming and entertainment space.
Whether that’s streaming video, live broadcast, bespoke events or studio-quality content, Attention Seekers will empower your brand. Our goal is to shape and expand the reach of competitive gaming, by creating new IP, authentic competition and content for both vertical and mainstream audiences. And to become the standard in production and entertainment in this pioneering era for gaming. And because we’re gamers too, we know how to engage the gaming audience better than anybody else.
It’s exciting times here at Attention Seekers.
Following an acquisition in December 2018 by a specialist investment fund, Attention Seekers is embarking on a journey to grow market share and increase innovation and production standards in and around the video gaming market.
As Business Development Director, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the go-to-market strategy for our core service offering comprising creative strategy and brand development, live event production and content creation and delivery.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a passion for and understanding of the gaming and esports industries in addition to demonstrable experience of delivering significant new business in the brand agency, media or sport and entertainment fields. The successful candidate will also be tasked with expanding the Attention Seekers portfolio of clients outside of the endemic gaming business community.
Attention Seekers live in a fast paced, creative and entrepreneurial world and seek the same characteristics in potential candidates. You will be part of a young, dynamic and forward thinking team.
• Drive production and creative services sales worldwide reporting into the Chief Operating Officer
• Operations in London and a functional dotted line to the Chief Commercial Officer in Santa Monica, USA
• Reporting regularly into HQ and working in partnership with senior management to develop and continually re-assess the overall sales strategy for the company
• Maintain a healthy sales pipeline providing a robust sales budgeting and forecasting model.
• Drive B2B customer acquisition for the business
• Lead and grow a future sales team, with staff based in the UK and USA depending on market demand
• Consult, nurture and develop the account management team to ensure they are driving value creation for clients.
• Seek opportunities to cross-sell across the group portfolio of companies including parent company ADVNCR, Outsiders (influencer marketing agency) and AD&D (large scale live event activation, based in Santa Monica)
• Collect client feedback and reporting measures. Use this to drive and enhance the product offer.
• Work with senior management to improve response to brief and back office sales processes.
• Work with the production and creative teams to deliver best in class products and activations.
• Establish and maintain existing relationships with some of the biggest game developers, media companies and brands in the world.
• Take a holistic approach to nurturing and growing this exciting industry.
Skills and Experience:
• Passionate about esports and video games.
• In depth experience of high level b2b sales.
• Proven track record for both personal sales performance and team sales
• Experience of sales management software.
• Outstanding communications skills with hands on and lead by example approach.
• Highly self-motivated and organized.
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
• Ability to motivate others while under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Remuneration and Location
• This role is located in our studio in White City, West London.
• There will be a significant amount of travel for this person across the globe.
• Salary is commensurate with experience but a competitive salary will be offered along with a comprehensive benefits package.
• Holidays are 24 days paid vacation per year.
• Pension plan.