Strategy and Media Director
Attention Seekers Productions
Competitive + bonus + benefits.
Attention Seekers offers an unmatched A-list of production talent and experience when developing global productions in the emerging mainstream video gaming and entertainment space.
Whether that’s streaming video, live broadcast, bespoke events or studio-quality content, Attention Seekers will empower your brand. Our goal is to shape and expand the reach of competitive gaming, by creating new IP, authentic competition and content for both vertical and mainstream audiences. And to become the standard in production and entertainment in this pioneering era for gaming. And because we’re gamers too, we know how to engage the gaming audience better than anybody else.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Strategy and Media Director will be a key part of the senior management team. The role will hold responsibility for leading the growth of the agency services division within Attention Seekers as we expand our service offering.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker of undisputed quality, capable of delivering innovative and nuanced campaigns on behalf of a range of clients including games publishers, media platforms, service providers, OEM’s and rights holders. In addition to client work, this role will also work closely with the management of our parent company ADVNCR to build out strategy around new business acquisitions and IP acquisitions.
The role will be located in our new studio in White City, London but regular international travel is anticipated. Attention Seekers wider group of companies includes an AD&D in Santa Monica, USA with parent company ADVNCR living in Melbourne, Australia.
Attention Seekers live in a fast paced, creative and entrepreneurial world and seek the same characteristics in potential candidates. You will be part of a young, dynamic and forward-thinking team operating at the cutting edge of this exciting industry.
You will be responsible for the quality of strategic thinking on a number of client accounts, specifically:
• To provide clarity and direction on each account
• To deliver nuanced strategies for each brand, led by insight and evidence
• To constantly bring the consumer perspective into the planning process
• To pitch fresh and innovative media ideas to clients
• To stay in touch with the gaming community and the trends that are changing it
• To have a strong one-on-one relationship with each of your clients
• To be able to consult on a marketing/business strategy level (not just media)
• To keep our client thinking upstream
• To advise on measuring the performance of campaigns
• To ensure strategic recommendations are evident in implementation
• To lead the strategy in new business pitches when needed
• To grow and win new business
The Ideal Candidate
You may be in a senior strategist at a media, communications or digital agency who’s after a fresh challenge.
• 10 years+ experience in the agency world, ideally media-focused but we would consider applicants from other disciplines
• You will live and breathe video gaming and digital media and be an innovative forward-facer always looking to discover and test the best new developments that are right for your client
• A strategic thinker, who can divorce the detail and set out clear thinking that makes a difference to client businesses
• A convincing presenter, able to sell total communication strategies to clients and inspire them to buy in to breakthrough ideas that don’t follow industry conventions
• You’ll be pragmatic – a ‘doer’, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done
• Able to translate strategic direction into executional guidance for formats, channel selection and ideas
• Able to discuss measurement options for clients including econometric modelling, digital attribution, etc
• A strong work ethic – you will be self-motivated and able to take the initiative as a leader or integral member of your team
• Keen to contribute to agency life beyond your core day to day role – you will have the opportunity to join one of the leadership teams who shape our initiatives across the agency
Skills and Experience:
• Educated to degree level
• 10+ years’ experience in the agency world
• A deep understanding of the video games and media industries
• Be a networker and growth focussed: you will be as adept at leveraging your contacts book to secure new clients for Attention Seekers
• Possess project management skills: you know how to manage projects and how to take an idea and turn it into reality by utilizing the resources available to you; you’re detail oriented
• A detailed strategist: you employ a holistic approach to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and carefully balance short-term solutions with long-term vision
Remuneration and Location
• This role is located in our studio in White City, West London
• Ability to travel extensively if required
• Performance related bonus structure
• Salary is commensurate with experience but a competitive salary will be offered along with a comprehensive benefits package
• Holidays are 22 days paid vacation per year